Pharmaceutical Lawyer in Los Angeles
Millions of people in the United States take prescription drugs every day to treat a variety of illnesses, diseases, medical procedures like child birth and other surguries. Often, these drugs successfully treat or alleviate many health problems. However, not all pharmaceuticals are safe. Some have caused serious and permanent injury, even death in some cases. Many drugs have recently been recalled or warnings have been issued related to possible dangerous side effects.
If you or a loved one are taking prescription or non-prescription drugs and have experienced any serious sipharmaceutical-injury-lawyerde effects, you should contact a pharmaceutical injury attorney after seeking medical help. At The Trial Law Offices of Bradley I. Kramer, M.D., Esq., our experienced principal attorney has the additional expertise of being a licensed physician and can effectively evaluate your claim. If you have encountered any medical complications due to your use of any pharmaceutical, our attorneys will help you recover compensation for your pharmaceutical injuries.
The Cause Of The Problem
In all parts of the country, millions of people rely on drugs to help them manage medical conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, chronic pain, diabetes, weight control, depression and other psychiatric conditions, and many others. These people trust the drug manufacturers to produce safe and effective pharmaceuticals, and yet thousands of patients are injured or killed every year by drug reactions and irreversible side effects.
Why does this happen? The pharmaceutical industry ranks as the most profitable sector in the United States, topping the annual Fortune 500 ranking of American industries. Many drug companies put profits ahead of patients. Some are hesitant to recall dangerous drugs and others put new drugs on the market without sufficient research to assure that they are safe for consumers.
In a few cases, pharmaceutical companies have concealed information from the Food and Drug Administration and the health care community about safety issues with their drugs. At The Trial Law Offices of Bradley I. Kramer, M.D., Esq., we believe that pharmaceutical companies have a moral responsibility to provide safe drugs to patients, and to compensate those patients who are harmed. We will aggressively fight for your rights if you are one of those patients.
Drug Injury Litigation
If you or a loved one has been injured by the use of an unsafe pharmaceutical, the law provides a way to recover damages. Depending upon the circumstances, a lawsuit may be filed under either of the following legal theories:
- Negligence: A person or company is liable for your injuries if they were negligent in causing the harm. Their liability is a result of careless or thoughtless action (or a failure to act) as compared to how a reasonable person or company would act in the same situation. For example, a drug company might be negligent for failing to conduct adequate research before putting a drug on the market.
- Strict liability: In a products liability claim, strict liability has nothing to do with fault and the plaintiff does not have to show negligence. Under strict liability, the drug manufacturer is liable if there is a defect in the design, manufacture, or labeling of the product.
What Damages are Recoverable?
Some examples of the types of damages recoverable in a pharmaceutical lawsuit might include:
- past, present and future medical bills
- lost past and future wages
- physical and mental pain and suffering
- loss of consortium (claimed by a spouse for loss of affection and sexual relations)
- compensation for wrongful death
California Pharmaceutical Attorney
Proving that a drug manufacturer is responsible for a harmful product can be complicated and expensive. This type of personal injury action is very complex and the drug manufacturers are powerful and well financed. It is essential to retain an experienced pharmaceutical injury attorney who has more than legal competence. Our principal attorney at The Trial Law Offices of Bradley I. Kramer, M.D., Esq., is a doctor as well as an attorney and possesses the medical knowledge and experience to provide you with winning representation. If you or a loved one has been injured by the use of pharmaceuticals, call us today on 310 289 2600 to get started with your case