If you or a loved one have been injured in a Los Angeles car accident, you are probably wondering what to do next. Call insurance? Go to the hospital? Hire an attorney? All of the above? An experienced personal injury lawyer can walk you through the process. At BIKLAW, we encourage you to seek immediate, prompt medical attention after being involved in an automobile accident of any type.
Hopefully, your lawyer has encouraged you to keep a “recovery journal” or something similar after being injured in an LA car accident. This journal is simply a place for you to keep track of your recovery process and monitor how you are progressing. Keeping a journal can help both you and your accident attorney assess the impact your car accident injuries have had on your daily life, your ability to perform normal activities, and your overall wellbeing.
If you have writer’s block and are not sure what you should be writing down in your post-car accident journal, read on for a few basics to get you started:
- A record of your doctor’s appointments and his feedback
- A record of prescription and over-the-counter remedies you are using to manage your injuries (this can include pain killers, ibuprofen, heating pads, joint braces, etc…)
- Your emotional and physical state in the days and weeks following the accident
- The amount of pain you are in, on a scale of 1 – 10
- How your condition/injuries affect or limit your daily activities
- How your condition/injuries affect or limit your employment (including days you had to take off work)
If you are suffering from injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for those injuries. Keeping an honest, real-time account of the actual effects of your injuries might be tremendously helpful to your claim. If you or a loved one have been injured in an LA car accident, an experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help you secure the financial compensation you deserve.
For more information on what to do and how to legally protect yourself after you have been injured in a Los Angeles car accident, contact the aggressive trial lawyers at BIKLAW today. Bradley I. Kramer, MD, Esq. is a skilled doctor-and-lawyer with the medical knowledge and legal experience you need to fight your case.